1 loaf day old Italian bread
3 garlic cloves, mashed
9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon plus 1 pinch kosher salt
2 heads romaine lettuce, inner leaves only
7 grinds black pepper
1 lemon, juiced
6 drops Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cut 1/2 to 3/4−inch croutons from the loaf of bread and place on a baking sheet and put
into the oven until dry but not browned.
3) Use a mortar and pestle to mash the garlic with 4 tablespoons of oil and 1/4 teaspoon
4) Strain the oil into a skillet over medium heat.
5) Add the dried croutons and fry, tossing constantly until all of the oil is absorbed and the
croutons turn gold. Set aside.
6) Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan.
7) Add the eggs and cook for 1 minute.
8) Chill in ice water to halt cooking. Set aside.
9) In a very large bowl, tear lettuce and toss with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
10) Sprinkle with the remaining kosher salt and the black pepper.
11) Add the remaining olive oil. Toss well.
12) Add the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
13) Break in the eggs. Toss until a creamy dressing forms.
14) Toss in Parmesan cheese and serve with croutons.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings